- A well-off looking straight white dude — not even dressed in women’s clothing, not that I think wearing women’s clothing is a cause or sign of womanhood — carrying a sign that said “Sex work is work.”
- A MtF, who has never owned female genitalia nor been grabbed in the crotch, carrying a sign about the possibility of someone grabbing his “pussy”
- A speaker’s blurb about Title IX and its founders’ interest in providing safe spaces and sports opportunities for girls. No mention of the fact that those founders didn’t include the clause “and some males with certain interior states of mind.”
- A transman, you know, a person who socially and medically and philosophically disavowed where she came from, saying that we must always be true to where we’ve come from.
- Speakers demanding that we dismantle the patriarchy! Except of course when the patriarchy comes in the form of harmful sex stereotypes being promoted by men who are appropriating womanhood.
- Many signs featuring the words “vulva,” “pussy,” “ovaries,” and “uterus,” some signs featuring drawings of uteruses, some signs linking “women” to “reproductive rights” and at least one woman with a uterus painted on her face. Thank you, sisters, for not bowing to the pressure to pretend that female genitalia/sex organs don’t exist and/or aren’t female and/or aren’t related to women’s rights and/or should remain unspeakable.
- Tons of women. A huge turnout. And tons of women I know. Yay!